Church Hop 2013
Daddy walks with me.
It's our annual Visita Iglesia on foot and it's nice to see my original walkmates present - Jakob the Pure and Gelo the Putrid. I missed last year's walk and I'm not sure really if I'm fit enough this year to walk up to 14 churches but my prayer intention goes for my dad so I will do this regardless.
As usual, ang starting station namin ay ang Sto. Domingo Church. Jakob did a short-notice decision to join kaya habang hinihintay namin sya ni Gelo, nag-agahan muna kami. That, plus a short side trip to the confession booth, made us start half an hour later than planned.
Ang laman ng trail bags ko...
* dalawang litro ng tubig
* hiking bladder
* notepad at dalwang ballpen
* extrang damit at towel
* ritrato ni Daddy nung kadete pa sya
* si Minimo (digital lomo cam)
* si Helga (film lomo cam)
* lumang cell phone (at extrang batt)
* bagong cell phone
* baryang pera
Ang blow by blow events...
(breakfast near Sto. Domingo Church)
- walk starts
- en route, the discussion was about time travel and its implication to past events (ang profound!)
|with Gelo at Sta. Teresita|
- en route, the discussion was about the "might-have-beens" of the Second World War and the ensuing Cold War
(The Vampire Congresswoman spotted. Her campaign photo just won't age!)
- en route, the discussion was about political will and the vagaries of not voting (what a nice topic to break friendships for good)
(We did our usual tambay break sa Ministop sa labas ng UST. Napansin din namin na hindi na natapos-tapos yung ginagawa dun sa tabi ng gate, sa tapat ng basketball court.)
(It was a long walk to our next stop sa Baste. Dito namin napagkasunduan na mag-skip this year sa Quiapo-Binondo area.)
- sobrang daming naglalakad na namamanata around this area, pero doble ng dami neto ang kalat na iniiwan nila sa kalsada
(We passed by CEU going to our next station. Anlaki na ng pinagbago since I was last there!)
|ang paborito kong simbahan... metal \m/|
- geek gaming discussion on the way
- gulaman break
(We passed by Arias Street along the way. Tumira kami dito for a little over past a year. It's a slum area pero generally masaya ang neighborhood dun.)
(It was a very long walk to our next stop, which is Intramuros. Sa Ayala Bridge kami dumaan at nag side trip muna sa Hospicio De San Jose. Nagulat ako na may spot talaga sila along their gate where one can abandon babies. Wow.)
|nakiraan sa Malakanyang|
(Lunch break at Intramuros.)
(Along the way, napadaan kami sa gusali ng Pambansang Museo where right across the road there is another building named the National Museum. So ano sa dalawa ang mas official? Makakita ba kami ng Tagalog at English versions ng "Spoliarium" sa dalawang museo?)
- sarado pa din ang Manila Cathedral due to construction works pero open yung outside premise for devotees
|San Agustin Church|
- en route, the discussion was about the sad state of the local WFB scene and the ongoing Glad Cup from since last year... Jakob catching up on 40K 6th ed rules.
(We usually do our break on this 7-11 across Luneta, kaso walang aircon at that time so we transferred on this Ministop near UN Avenue.)
|metal columns of Baste|
- ang simbahan ni Gelo
- mula dito, nag taxi na kami papunta sa aming next and last station
Santuario de San Antonio, Makati
- binisita namin ang santuario ng tropa namin na namayapa, six years na din pala yun.
(We called it a day after that. Ang asim ko na! Chicharon na lang ang kulang!)
|Hospicio De San Jose|
* Gelo and Jakob... next year ulet!
* Kath... ang aking text mate.
* Ministop... for our tambay and refreshment needs.
* Ang libo libong deboto na nakasabay namin sa kakalsadahan... mmmh... ang babango natin!
* Daddy and Mommy... para sa good genes. Lakas ng pangangatawan at gandang lalake ang puhunan ko para magawa ang lakad na ito.
* My Man upstairs... this sacrifice can never match how much You blessed our family but take it as a sign of my surrender to You.